8.12.2014

Inspiring Words of the Week

I'm going to be honest: I've had a bad day. One of those days where everything goes wrong, and it all gets exponentially worse with each new frustrating event. One of those days where you eat popcorn and chocolate for dinner (and talk yourself out of having a second soda).

Yet I keep reminding myself over and over of two things. First: God is good, and no matter how bad things seem to be, He's on the other side making it all work out for the best. Second, these words I found on Pinterest a few days ago:

She rolled over, 
buried half her face 
in her pillow, 
and smiled 
slightly. 
It was then, 
the overwhelming 
realization washed over me 
that there is 
so much more 
to life 
than simply 
surviving it

As things seem to be delving into chaos all around me, and I'm caught in the whirlwind of moving, starting school, trying to transfer, and applying for scholarships, I feel like I've just been trying to survive. As a result, I have missed a lot of the good in my life. Sure, today was difficult, but what about His blessings? Sunshine, chocolate, forgiveness for every stupid decision I make, and Netflix.

My resolution for the month of August (remember monthly resolutions?) is to remember that there is more to life than just survival. Even when things are hectic and difficult, God has given me so many blessings to get me through it all--and I should stop to enjoy them.


Note: I know no author to which the above words can be ascribed. I take no credit for them, and recognize the author to be "anonymous". If you happen to know who the author is, let me know!

No comments:

Cool People in the World