8.04.2014

It's Good to Be Back

Hello again, fellow Internet-dwellers. It has been a while, hasn't it? This is my "first" post of 2014. I have a few drafts from this year that I have either not published or removed, because they were just bad, so this is the first post! It's all very exciting, isn't it?

Quick update on my life: I have graduated high school, leave for college in about three weeks, and my life has basically been taken up with scholarships, movies, work, and Teen Wolf. Yes, you read that correctly. In the last two weeks my mom, brother, honorary sister and I have binge-watched all 3.5 seasons of Teen Wolf. That's about 54 episodes, mind you. Impressive? Yes. Sad? Maybe. Now, before you judge me, I must inform you that it is a surprisingly good show. And this is coming from someone who (if you'll pardon my arrogance for two seconds) has good taste in TV shows.

The first season or two is very cheesy, and doesn't have the best writing or acting. Granted. Yet the show has evolved greatly, both in creativity and quality of writing, acting, and chemistry between the actors. It is just so much fun to watch, and Dylan O'Brien is a fabulously brilliant actor (keep an eye on that one; if his Twitter mentions are any indication, he's going to be a massive star one day). It doesn't hurt that everyone in the show is beautiful, either. So if you're looking for something to tide you over until Doctor Who (the 23rd!), I'd say give Teen Wolf a shot. It's free to watch on Amazon Prime Instant Video, and season 4 is currently airing.

Since it has been months since I've posted, I'll give you all a few more recommendations. Guardians of the Galaxy, in theaters, is brilliant. It's the funniest Marvel movie to date. Stuck In Love is one of my favorite movies of all time, and has a brilliant soundtrack. Masterpiece Mystery's Endeavour, which is a sort of spin-off of Inspector Lewis, and based on the Inspetor Morse novels by Colin Dexter, is well worth a watch, as well. It's like Sherlock, in that each episode is about an hour and a half long, but they're very smart, very entertaining, and oh-so-British. (Also, Sherlock Season 3. Can I get an "OHMYGOSH"?)

As far as music goes, I am loving The Fault in Our Stars soundtrack right now (also a brilliant movie). Alt-J and The Smiths are my new favorite artists. Alt-J is a sort of weird alternative electronic band (reminiscent of Sigur Ros, only not Icelandic) and The Smiths are like an emo 80s version of the Beatles.

My life mostly consists of dragging my feet on scholarships, waiting for the next episode of Teen Wolf, and looking forward to Doctor Who and school starting. My hope is to blog more frequently, and have more developed and structured content, since I have oh-so-many thoughts on oh-so-many things.

In the meantime, follow me on Twitter (@vamp1reslayr) for random thoughts and retweets from other, much cleverer, people. Toodles!

No comments:

Cool People in the World