8.18.2014

This Week's Interests

Welcome to the new week!

I have nine days before I fly out to California, and ten days until I move in to the dorms! So of course I got the Ice Bucket Challenge today from one of my friends, and my panic about leaving has all but vanished. All in the normal course of things.

With that, I present: this week's interests...


This Week I'm...

Reading

Healing for a Broken World by Steve Monsma

Still, I know. I did finish To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han, and it was fabulous. I'm in love with Peter Kavinsky. 9/10 for sure.

Watching

Teen Wolf 

Always. I love this show so much. If you haven't started it yet, please do. For your own sake if nothing else.

The First Time

Starring Teen Wolf's own Dylan O'Brien, this very awkward and quirky rom-com is worth a watch (you know, as long as you don't mind moderately awkward conversations made extremely awkward). It had a cute ending, and Dylan O'Brien is always fabulous. 7/10

So You Think You Can Dance

This reality TV show has always been great, and this season is no exception. Ricky ubeda is the most talented dancer I've ever seen, and Zack Everhart is so talented and cute...honestly, I don't really care about the girls this year, because Zack and Ricky are so unbelievable. This Wednedsday we find out who is going to the finale, so check it out!

Side note: five days until Doctor Who. I'm just a tiny bit over-the-top excited for it, and hoping that the rumors of Jenna-Louise Coleman's imminent departure are false!



Listening to

"Love Runs Out" by OneRepublic

I love this song, especially since it was used for a group routine on So You Think You Can Dance. Can't get enough of it, though I'm sure the radio will do all it can to make me sick of it.

M83

You have probably heard their song "Midnight City" on some soundtrack or another (most notably in the movie Warm Bodies), or their song "Wait" on the TFiOS soundtrack, and I think this band deserves a mention. Some of their music is very weird--by weird, I mean unconventional and sometimes bizarre--but they have a unique ability to communicate emotions in their music. The way they use unusual sounds or clips of audio in their music is strange, granted, but affects me in ways I'm constantly surprised at. Though, like dubstep, you couldn't listen to them non stop, they're definitely worth checking out, if only for a new and unique experience.





No comments:

Cool People in the World