5.17.2012

DW Season 2: Tooth and Claw through the Idiot's Lantern

So to make my life easier, I'm going to encompass a few episodes, and the numbers are all off because "The Christmas Invasion" is considered episode 0 on IMDb.  So I will be blogging about a few episodes, namely:
Tooth and Claw
School Reunion
The Girl in the Fireplace
Rise of the Cybermen
The Age of Steel
The Idiot's Lantern

To cover Tooth and Claw, briefly, was the one with the werewolf, and I loved this episode.  The werewolf was fantastic graphics, and definitely one of the coolest werewolves I've seen ever.  I also loved the little bet between Rose and the Doctor, which was awesome.  Loved it!!!

School Reunion.  Frustration with Sarah Jane, but I would like to be fair, and say that while the Doctor has had his little flings, Rose did have sort of a thing with Jack, and for some reason still puts up with Mickey, who joins their little gang at the end of this episode after lots and lots and lots of complaining.  Can't stand him!

The Girl in the Fireplace.  Again, to be fair, it's not just the Doctor, but really the show just frustrates me because it has to just stick to one story.  It sort of has, towards the end of the season, but still.  Just pick.  I thought they pulled off the sentimental bit with Madame de Pompadour and her dying, which again, is hard to do.  But I believed it, regardless of my frustration with the writing of the "romance."  But, good episode.  Mickey was tolerable.

Rise of the Cybermen and The Age of Steel.  I loved seeing Mickey being something other than a whiner (haha, whinger), but of course (spoiler!) Ricky had to die.  Anyways, I did like these episodes, and thought it was funny that David Tennant, who plays Barty Crouch Jr. in the 4th Harry Potter movie, was in an episode with Barty Crouch Sr., from that same movie.  Two geek-iverses collide.  I was more than thrilled that Mickey stayed behind, so I wouldn't have to deal with him anymore.  Oh, spoiler....anyways, seeing the parallel universe with Rose's parents was interesting.

The Idiot's Lantern.  Is it just me, or does it seem strange that the Doctor, who's supposed to be brilliant, keeps putting him and Rose in places that are not where he says they are?  So they're supposed to be in New York, going to see Elvis perform on a TV show, but somehow they end up in London, the day before the Queen (Queen Elizabeth II)'s Coronation.  It's just weird.  This episode was good, though I thought the resolution with the dad was left wanting, and the TV lady was just insanely annoying.   Also, David Tennant can't pull off a comb-over.

So that's it for now.  More episodes to come!!!

No comments:

Cool People in the World